Information yet to be verified by school
School profile 75.0% completed.
National Average Income (GNP/capita)
Expected Rent for a 2 Bedroom Flat per Month
Average Cost of Litre of Petrol / Gas
Mid Range 2 Course Restaurant Meal per Person
Cost of flights during the Summer holiday season to New York
Cost of flights during the Summer holiday season to London
Cost of flights during the Summer holiday season to Sydney
Attractions & activities within a 2 hour drive of the School Grounds
- shopping centre
- international airport
Key Local Tourist Attractions
- Mbudya Island: Just off the coast of Mbezi Beach. Take the boat from White Sands or Jangwani Hotels. Cost is about 9000 tsh per person for a 20 minute boat ride and about 15000 tsh to visit the island. Beautiful beach with incredible snorkeling when the tide is right! Buy cold drinks, chips and fish caught directly from the ocean.
- White Sands Hotel: The HOPAC Saturday hang-out! 5000 tsh per person.
Wet n’ Wild (at Kunduchi hotel) and Water World (next to White Sands) are great water parks. Cheap, not totally safe, but loads of fun!
- Bowling at Sea Cliff Hotel
Dar has two cinemas—8000 tsh per person per movie. The one on New Bagamoyo Road shows Indian movies, and the one at Mlimani Mall shows recent American movies.
- Downtown Kariakoo: You have to go at least once! Make sure you take a Swahili speaking friend along, leave your jewelry at home and be alert!
Fish market downtown: Also something you need to see!
- Zanzibar Island: Get there by boat or plane, and make sure you ask for the resident prices! Check a good tourist book to find cheap places to stay—you don’t have to get sucked in by the fancy tourist hotels as your only option. Go on the spice tour, swim with dolphins, go snorkeling, tour Stonetown, visit Livingstone’s church, and make sure you eat on the Dhow Restaurant at least once!
- Mikumi Game Reserve: The closest game reserve to Dar es Salaam. If you’re crazy, you can do the whole thing in one day. If you’re less crazy, do it in 2 nights/3 days. Fox Resorts are great if you want to stay somewhere nice, otherwise look into the Genesis Hotel.
- Serengeti/Ngorogoro Crater/Lake Manyara: Quite expensive but definitely worth it! Book through a travel agency. If you avoid June-August and December-January, you should be able to get better prices.
- Fox Farms in Iringa
- Mueller’s Lodge in Lushoto: About a 7 hour drive into the mountains but wonderfully cool, gorgeous change of scenery, lots of flowers and waterfalls! There are other lodges in Lushoto, but Mueller’s is the best!
- Changani Beach Cottages at South Beach. They have a website http://www.changanibeachcottages.com/find/ Stewart is the manager 0763164628. It takes longer to get to than other South Beach sites but it is nice and there is horseback riding nearby.