Tips on creating your video interview
Adding a video interview takes your profile to a new dimension and will maximise your chances of securing an international school job. Filming it is suprisingly easy and will encourage schools to add you to their shortlist of suitable candidates. We highly recommend you do this.
The following demonstration shows how to add a video interview to your profile
Alternatively, Follow these simple steps to filming your video interview:
1. Review the questions below and practise your responses, be succinct as you only have 10 minutes for all answers. Do not script your answers as the video should come across as a real interview.
2. Set your laptop, camera or video camera up to film a view of you with “head & shoulders”.
3. Dress formally (collar & tie for men) and make sure you are in a well lit room (ideally you should be facing the light – without it blinding you!)
4. Be yourself! It does not need to be of professional standard and should be in the nature of a skype call.
5. Start the video, introduce yourself (name and current position). Answer the questions below within the allocated 10 minutes. Always ask the question before you answer it.
6. Upload the video to your profile page (via the My Details tab) by pressing edit on your profile, then “Upload Video”. This may take up to 10 minutes for large files.
7. Your profile will be published once reviewed by our editorial team – usually within 48 hours.
1. Why do you want to work in an international school?
2. What qualities would you bring to a school?
3. Describe 1, or at the most 2, memorable achievements in your career to date.