Egypt is sometimes overlooked as a teaching destination but has a lot to offer to expats. Teacherhorizons work with some excellent international schools in Egypt, and we have assisted many teachers in their search for jobs there.
Latest teaching jobs in Egypt
- Primary Cover Teachers (immediate), Cairo
- Deputy Head of Primary School, Cairo
- FS2 Teacher, Cairo
- Primary EAL Teacher, Cairo
- KS1 Primary Teacher, Cairo
- KS2 Primary Teacher, Cairo
- Primary Cover Teachers, Cairo
- IB Chemistry Teacher, Cairo
- Music Teacher, Cairo
- Primary Teacher, Cairo
Living in Egypt
Egypt is a country of contrasts where the lush Nile valley gives way to the vast sandy desert. The birthplace of the first great civilisation, it is of course home to the spectacular pyramids of Giza and other ancient ruined temples. Modern-day Cairo is a buzzing metropolis that retains medieval mosques, minarets and churches. The city has a vibrant café culture and numerous markets and bazaars where you can practise your haggling skills.
Visas and Medical
To work in Egypt, you will need an entry visa, residence permit, and work permit. You will require a clean bill of health and extensive documentation. For more information, see http://www.expatarrivals.com/egypt/work-permits-for-egypt. Public healthcare is available in Egypt but the quality is variable so expats are recommended to have private health insurance. Many international schools offer private health insurance as part of the benefits package.
Top schools in Egypt*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in Egypt. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- British School Alexandria
- The British School, Al-Rehab, Cairo
- New Cairo British International School
- Cairo American College
- Malvern College Egypt, Cairo
- British International School of Cairo
- Misr American College, Cairo
- El Gouna International School, Red Sea
- The British School of Egypt , Cairo
- Cairo English School