Malawi is a beautiful country to live and work. We partner with some of the best international schools in Malawi to offer you the latest teaching vacancies.
Living in Malawi
Malawi is located in South-East Africa, close to Zambia, Mozambique and Tanzania. Most expats are located in the capital, Lilongwe, or the second city, Blantyre. Malawi is a very poor country and one of the least developed in the world, so expats should be prepared for a lower standard of infrastructure and amenities. The main language of Malawi is Chichewa, although English is also widely spoken.
Visas and Medical
To enter Malawi you will require a visa. Consult the Malawi Department of Immigration for more information. http://www.immigration.gov.mw/visa.html Public healthcare in Malawi is unreliable so it is advisable for expats to have private health insurance that covers emergency evacuation if necessary.
Top schools in Malawi*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in Malawi. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- Bishop Mackenzie International School, Lilongwe
- Mount View Primary School, Blantyre
- Acacia International School, Lilongwe
- St. Andrew's International High School, Blantyre
- Sir Harry Johnston International School, Zomba
- Mzuzu Academy
- Sir Harry Johnston International Primary School, Zomba