Uganda is an interesting place to live and teach. We work closely with our partner schools in Uganda to help talented teachers find a rewarding job there.
Living in Uganda
Uganda is a landlocked nation located in East Africa. The country has largely recovered from civil war in the 1980s to become a relatively peaceful and stable country; however it remains a developing country that lacks in infrastructure and certain amenities that Westerners take for granted. However, the number of expats is increasing, particularly within the capital, Kampala. Ugandan people are friendly and welcoming to foreigners and English is widely spoken so it isn't too hard to settle in. Uganda has a tropical climate with year-round warm temperatures and two dry seasons.
Visas and Medical
To work in Uganda, you will need a visa and work permit. For information see http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/work-permits-and-other-residence-facilities Healthcare in Uganda is of a variable quality and expats should invest in a private health insurance policy. Many international schools offer this as part of their package.
Top schools in Uganda*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in Uganda. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- Kampala Community International Primary School
- Rainbow International School Uganda, Kampala
- International School of Uganda, Kampala
- GEMS Cambridge International School, Kampala
- Schole, Kampala
- Kampala International School
- Acorns International School, Kampala
- LRTT, Kampala
- Lake Bunyonyi School, South West Uganda
- 7 Hills International School, Kampala