China is a popular teaching destination and has a good number of reputable international schools. Teacherhorizons partner with some of the best international schools in China and we have assisted numerous teachers in their search for jobs there.
Latest teaching jobs in China
- Economics Teacher (immediate start), Guangdong
- Middle School Science Teacher (Immediate Start), Shanghai
- Kindergarten Teachers (September Start), Changshu
- Lower Primary Teacher (6-8 year olds) (Immediate Start), Macau
- Senior School Biology Teacher (January 2019), Beijing
- Teacher of English Senior School (January 2019), Beijing
- Maths Teacher, Beijing
- Senior School Physics Teacher (January 2019), Beijing
- Head of English (January 2019), Beijing
- English Teacher / Head of English (January 2019), Changshu
Living in China
China is a fascinating place to live and work. As the world's most populous country, and the second-largest country in Asia, it's no surprise that China is enormously diverse in climate and culture. The North tends to be cooler and drier, while the South has a warm, tropical climate. The 'Big Three' cities, Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, claim the largest expat communities and boast cosmopolitan eating and shopping options. In smaller towns, the regional diversity is more obvious and the rich cultural heritage shines through.
Visas and Medical
In order to obtain a working visa to teach English in China, you will usually need to be a native English speaker, have a degree, and two years' teaching experience. The age limit is generally 24-65 for males, and 24-55 for females, although these requirements are somewhat flexible. See http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/work.htm for more information. Public healthcare is available in China, although the quality is variable. Most expats choose to use private health insurance. Many international schools offer private health insurance as part of their benefits package.
Top schools in China*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in China. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- British School of Guangzhou
- Yew Chung International School Shanghai
- Yew Wah International Education School of Guangzhou
- BIK Hefei
- International School of Beijing
- Zhuhai International School
- Yew Chung International School of Chongqing
- School of the Nations, Macau
- Wellington College International Tianjin
- Dulwich College Suzhou