China is a popular teaching destination and has a good number of reputable international schools. Teacherhorizons partner with some of the best international schools in China and we have assisted numerous teachers in their search for jobs there.
Latest teaching jobs in China
- MS/HS Visual Arts Teacher, Beijing
- Art Teacher, Shanghai
- Art Teacher (Zhenjiang Campus), Dalian
- A level & IGCSE Business Studies/Economics Teacher, Guangdong
- ICT Teacher, Beijing
- ICT Teacher, Macau
- ICT Teacher, Xi'an
- Design & Technology Teacher, Shanghai
- Drama Teacher, Xi'an
- Drama Teacher, Tongxiang
Living in China
China is a fascinating place to live and work. As the world's most populous country, and the second-largest country in Asia, it's no surprise that China is enormously diverse in climate and culture. The North tends to be cooler and drier, while the South has a warm, tropical climate. The 'Big Three' cities, Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, claim the largest expat communities and boast cosmopolitan eating and shopping options. In smaller towns, the regional diversity is more obvious and the rich cultural heritage shines through.
Visas and Medical
In order to obtain a working visa to teach English in China, you will usually need to be a native English speaker, have a degree, and two years' teaching experience. The age limit is generally 24-65 for males, and 24-55 for females, although these requirements are somewhat flexible. See http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/work.htm for more information. Public healthcare is available in China, although the quality is variable. Most expats choose to use private health insurance. Many international schools offer private health insurance as part of their benefits package.
Top schools in China*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in China. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- International School of Beijing
- British School of Guangzhou
- Léman International School, Chengdu
- School of the Nations, Macau
- Yew Chung International School of Chongqing
- Dulwich College Suzhou
- Oxford International College of Changzhou
- The International School of Macao, Macau
- Yew Chung International School of Beijing
- Yew Chung International School of Qingdao