The USA is a great place to live and work. We work with some excellent schools in the USA to help talented teachers in their search for a job there.
Living in United States
The USA appeals to expats around the world because of its rich cultural diversity and great standard of living. In terms of cost of living, it is more reasonable than Western Europe, although costs are considerably higher in major cities such as New York and Los Angeles. Because of its vast area, the climate and geography vary hugely within the country, from the sunbaked shores of Florida to the green forests of Oregon. One thing is for sure - the 'Land of Opportunity' lives up to its name for many expats who choose to make their home there.
Visas and Medical
Visa requirements vary by country. See http://www.expatarrivals.com/the-usa/visas-for-the-usa for more information. Healthcare in the USA is of a high standard, but you will require private health insurance. Many international schools will help with this as part of their package.
Top schools in United States*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in United States. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- Boca Prep International School, Boca Raton
- UWC-USA, Las Vegas
- International School of the Peninsula, Palo Alto
- British School of Washington, Washington DC
- British International School of New York
- Leman Manhattan Prep School, New York
- Indian Mountain School, Lakeville
- The Awty International School, Houston
- Chinese American International School, San Francisco
- International School of Monterey, Seaside - California