Iraq is an unusual teaching destination with a lot to offer the right candidate. We work with some of the best international schools in Iraq to help find a job for talented teachers.
Living in Iraq
Iraq is an unconventional place to live and teach, with some parts being unsafe to travel to due to ongoing conflict. Our partner schools in Iraq are based in the Kurdistan region, which is relatively safe, although caution is still recommended. Erbil is a modern city with plenty of shopping centres and places to eat. Expats who are new to a Muslim country may experience some degree of culture shock and might have to adjust their lifestyle.
Visas and Medical
Visa requirements vary by country of origin. Consult the Iraqi Embassy in your country for more information. Public healthcare is available in Iraq; some expats choose to use private health insurance instead. Your international school may assist with this.
Top schools in Iraq*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in Iraq. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- Bilkent Erbil College, Kurdistan
- British International Schools in Kurdistan - Hawler
- Stirling Education, Kurdistan
- Zakho British International School
- The International School of Choueifat – Dream City, Kurdistan
- International School of Choueifat – Sulaimani, Kurdistan
- International School of Choueifat – Erbil, Kurdistan
- Duhok World School, Kurdistan