Vietnam is a fantastic place to live and work and has a lot to offer expats. Teacherhorizons partner with some excellent schools in Vietnam, and we have assisted many teachers in their search for a job there.
Living in Vietnam
Vietnam is the easternmost country in South-East Asia, bordering Cambodia, Laos, and China. Its long and narrow shape means that it benefits from a long coastline, which means fresh sea breezes, seafood and beautiful beaches such as Ha Long Bay. The North of the country experiences cool winters, while the South has a warm temperature all year round. Road, rail and air links make it a good starting point from which to explore the rest of South-East Asia.
Visas and Medical
To enter Vietnam, you will need an entry visa which you can apply for at an embassy or consulate. You can also get a visa-on-arrival approval letter via various websites. Once in Vietnam, you can then extend your stay by completing more paperwork. For more information, see http://www.expatarrivals.com/vietnam/visas-for-vietnam Public healthcare in Vietnam is of variable quality and most doctors don't speak English. Expats are recommended to take private health insurance. Many international schools offer this as part of their benefits package.
Top schools in Vietnam*
Click the schools below to read about some of the best schools in Vietnam. If your school isn't listed, click here to request a profile page.
- Hanoi International School
- Australian International School Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City
- International School, Ho Chi Minh City
- United Nations International School of Hanoi
- VP Box, Hanoi
- The ABC International School, Ho Chi Minh City
- The British Vietnamese International School Hanoi
- International School of Vietnam, Hanoi
- European International School Ho Chi Minh City
- International School Saigon Pearl Elementary School, Ho Chi Minh City