Teacherhorizons is a free platform that helps teachers explore the world of international teaching.
Our community of talented teachers use our service to:
- Explore all the best international teaching opportunities
- Access detailed information and honest advice on thousands of international schools
- Learn how to build their skills and experience in an international context
Teacherhorizons was founded in 2011 by a team of teachers and international school Heads to help teachers explore the world of international teaching, learn about different schools and access all the best teaching opportunities overseas.
We are the fastest-growing community of international schools and teachers – over 100,000 teachers have joined our community already. Every year we provide advice and support in how they can build their skills and experience in an international context and help many secure jobs in international schools.
We work with hundreds of the best international schools around the world – such as United World Colleges. Over a thousand partner international schools have profiles listed on Teacherhorizons with many posting their vacancies regularly. Last year we helped hundreds of talented Teacherhorizons teachers secure positions in over fifty countries ranging from Argentina to Thailand, Italy to South Africa.
By providing honest advice and transparent information we empower talented teachers make informed decisions about which school is right for them and help improve education for students internationally.
Don’t just take our word for it – hear from some of the teachers we’ve placed and see what skills and experience they’ve acquired.
Our vision and mission
We aim to ‘internationalise education’ through our community of international teachers and schools by:
- Developing the best matching services
- Offering honest and personalised advice
- Providing the best user experience
Get involved! We are a community FOR teachers and international schools created BY teachers and international schools. We are hugely grateful for the collaborative spirit and input from the teachers and school who use us. We want to continue to grow collaboratively – it is your website and we welcome suggestions and feedback.
Help us spread the love and build a free and transparent platform for teachers and schools:
- Add details about an international school you have taught in here
- Join our community and create a free teacher profile
- Share Teacherhorizons with your teacher friends and colleagues
- Tell your school about Teacherhorizons – or click here to request a profile page for them
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook for updates and the latest job postings
We all hugely enjoyed working in international schools and learnt a great deal from the experience. We strongly believe that every teacher should have the opportunity to benefit from this experience and that all good schools should be able to find the most inspirational teachers for their students. We look forward to working with you over the years ahead to make this possible.